All week i have been trying to get motivated but not having much luck :-( Do you have days or weeks where this happens to you.
Maybe it is to do with the weather (well we need something or someone to blame...lol)
The weather here the last few days has been miserable, rain, rain and more rain feels more like Winter than Spring.
A week tomorrow and i am off to the sun. Whoo Hoo!!!!! Can't wait. Just away for a week but it will be nice to get away and no children allowed, much to my Daughter's disapproval.
Hope your week so far has been a good one. If you have any tips on getting motivated please be sure to pass them on.
Wednesday, 25 April 2012
- How you think is everything. Remember to “think positive” at every opportunity. Visualize success, not failure. Avoid negative environments and people.You are what you think. In fact, a study shows that positive thinking actually increases longevity.
- Decide on your dreams and goals. Be specific about your goals. For example, say “I am taking a cooking class next month,” rather than “I would like to take a cooking class sometime.” Create a plan to reach your goals, and stick to it.
- Take action. Goals alone have no meaning; you need to take action to make them real. Don’t let fear hold you back. "Just do it."
- Never stop learning. Take classes, go back to school, read books, join a discussion group. If you are interested in a subject, make time to learn about it. Keep acquiring new skills.For more information, read The Benefits of Lifelong Learning for Older Adults.
- Be persistent and work hard. You’ve probably heard the expression, “success is a marathon, not a sprint.” Keep your eye on the goal, and keep working toward it. Don’t give up.
- Learn to analyze details. Get all the facts, and ask for input. This will help you make wiser decisions. Acknowledge your mistakes, but don’t beat yourself up. Learn from your mistakes.
- Focus your time and money. When you believe in something, put your attention and energy there. Don’t let people or things distract you.
- Don’t be afraid to innovate; be different. Be true to yourself, and have your own ideas. Following the crowd is a path to mediocrity.
- Communicate with people effectively. Remember that no person is an island. Communicate your thoughts and desires honestly, and encourage others to communicate honestly with you. Practice understanding and motivating other people.
- Be honest and dependable; take responsibility for what you do. Never cheat or lie. When you make a promise, keep it. When you screw up, admit it.Without honesty, dependability and responsibility, the other nine secrets of success don’t add up to much.
Thursday, 5 April 2012
Weigh In Day!!!!!
Can't believe it is Thursday again! Where does the week go to?
Well it was my weigh in this morning and i managed to get a pound off. Woo Hoo!!!!!!! I haven't been to good this week so was surprised, i better try harder this week :-)
That was some weather we had this week and although we don't have any snow it is still nippy out there.
Well i guess i better get motivated and get some crafting done. I did this teddy and made him out of a babygro. I have a pink one cut out just waiting to be sewn together.
Wednesday, 4 April 2012
What i have been up to!!!!!!!!!
Gosh!!!! What a week this has been weather wise. We went from beautiful sunshine last week to snow, hail, rain, wind and being bitterly cold this week.
As the weather has not been great i have been busy turning a cupboard (well my partner has) into a little craft room for myself. It's starting to take shape but still need some bits and pieces for it as yet such as some sort of shelving.
It will be great to have my own little room and space to make as much mess as i want without moans and groans from the family because they can't get near the dining table :-)